The awaited notification of IBPS PO EXAMINATION have been released. The IBPS PO Recruitment Exam is conducted to hire for Probationary officers in the Public banking sector.The IBPS Bank PO exam is considered to be of Moderate Level Difficulty however the difficulty level of the Bank PO Exam has steadily increased over the years. Every year lakhs of aspirants appear for this exam; hence it is important to be thoroughly prepared. But what is the best strategy to prepare for it? Here are some best advices, tricks, plans and strategies for 60 Big Days regarding the same.
IBPS PO PREVIOUS YEAR ANALYSIS
It is important to know exam and sectional cut off for previous years.
Go through previous year question paper and try to solve them with reduced time limits and check your weak and strong point on a regular basis.
Try to solve two question papers/ mock test in a week.
Set a benchmark for cut off and try to score more and more with passing days.
Time Management Tips for IBPS PO Exam
You should divide your time into all subjects. Pay attention more to your delicate items. It is a not best practice that you spend your most of the time on an individual topic. Plan for every subject topic checks the complete list of PO syllabus topics first. A major division can be done in following subsets.
- English Comprehension
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Knowledge and Banking Awareness
- Computer Aptitude
Time plays a significant role in Exam also divide time correctly for all sections otherwise you will leave many questions for the exam.
Sectional Preparation Tips
- Make a habit of reading popular English newspapers since the first day of your preparation. This is a significant part of your preparation.
- A thorough reading of the comprehension passage is an important part of the English section. Practice reading all types of passages as the question paper contain passages on any of the following topic like sports, fiction, non-fictional work, history, etc. on a regular basis
- Cloze test is an integral part of the exam. Never overlook or ignore this portion as it can help you score 5-10 marks in the test. Just invest a day or two for practicing this part.
- Having a good vocabulary is very important. Make your vocabulary notes accordingly from day one and keep revising them till the day of exam
Quantitative Aptitude& Reasoning
- This is the section where candidates invest most of their time every day.
- Begin your preparation from scratch. This portion needs a minimum of 40 days to get familiar with.
- To learn the shortcut tricks to lengthy problems. You can also subscribe to YouTube channels for learning the tricks.
- Quantitative Aptitude comprises of 15 chapters and you just need to prepare the logics related to it. The rest depends on an individual’s speed of solving problems.
- Data Interpretation is an important part. Be thorough with it.
- Make easy understanding of tricks by regular usage in mock tests.
General Knowledge and Banking Awareness
Just keep yourself updated with all the happenings of past six months related to social events, sports, entertainment, infrastructure, business and economy, etc. You can either read the news and current affairs online or you can follow the different news channels.
Reading English news is win-win situation.
The Revised IBPS PO Exam Pattern has merged the computer Aptitude with the Reasoning section. Important topics in the computer aptitude section are:
Basics of Hardware and software
Operating system basics
Internet terms and services
Networking and communication
IMPROVE ACCURACY, SPEED AND DO REGULAR PRACTICE
- Speed and accuracy play a very important role in selection of candidates in IBPS EXAM.
- The negative marking is key factor.
- Always work on improving your calculations and numerical strength to save time.
- Sectional time management should be well planned according to your strength.
- Daily practice is must.
- Practice mock test as much as possible in last 30 days.
Last Minute Preparation Tips
- Make small highlights like shortcut tricks, formulas, important points for revision in the last minute,
- Go through all the topics multiple times.
- Do not panic if your answer is incomplete.
- Do not invest a great deal of time on just one topic.
- Take part in online IBPS PO mock tests, speed enhancing tests and other series tests.
- On the day of exam stay calm. Do not mark answers based on guesswork as there is negative marking.
- To manage time efficiently make a proper schedule of time allotted for each type of question.
- Keep calm and believe on your strength.